Thursday, January 31, 2008

Judgement day #1 - Oh Happy Day!!!

.
The last day of the month is set aside for re-evaluating my goals and deciding what I need to do for the next month. I am please with my results for January.
.
#1 - I am continuing to lose weight, eat more healthy and exercise (walk) as I planned to do. I am not going to change anything there. By the middle of this month, I should be wearing my red jeans and I know that will happen (I have already tried them on - tight but zipped up and able to sit with them on). My eating has allowed my fasting blood sugars to decrease to an average right around 100 which is much less than the 120 max I set for myself but I am keeping in mind that it can increase with sickness or stress so I may re-evaluate the FBS and set a goal of even less for the remainder of the year if I feel that I can do it. My dr. appt on Feb. 11th should show them that I am serious about my health and will continue to strive to fall into the ideal weight category. According to the American Heart Association's web site, I should be between 121 and 153. As of Monday, I weighed 162.5 so I have just under 10 more lbs to be in the ideal weight category. It is plausible for me to get there by summer but I am not going to push it any sooner. Slowly, but surely my weight is coming down and all the good things that go with it, as well.

My walking is on task. I set a goal of 1,000 miles which divided by 12 months is 83.33 miles per month. I have already hit 85 miles for January as of yesterday so whether or not I walk today, i am right on target. January has been a successful month for me "health-wise".

#2 - My perfumery useage...well, I haven't been using them daily but I have used them on average of 3 days per week. So, I guess I would have to restate that goal to using them 4 days per week as a slight step up but not every single day. Doable? - Absolutely!

#3 - Bath & Bodyworks products are being used regularly and I am happy to report that I am enjoying all the different ones there are. Sometimes when I take a hot bath at night after having showered after a walk earlier, I use my creams/lotions twice in a day. No hoarding here! I am on task here and they will be finished by the end of the year at the pace I am keeping.

#4 - "50 lashes with a wet noodle" on this one! Okay, I did join my cousin's myspace to see some pictures and we have IM'd each to catch up on each other's lives just a little. However, I am guilty of not having written a single correspondence of the "snail mail" nature! *sigh* I need to step up to the plate on this one. One thing I have to say, in my own defense is that I didn't schedule any "monthly" goal - just an "over the year's time" one. So, tweeking this goal...I will write 1-2 letters per week for the month of February which will entail 4-8 letters. That is more concrete and doable for me.

#5 - Ahhh...the craft stash!!! My craft room is a hoarder's paradise!!! Okay, I did do a challenge called glue resist from one of the yahoo groups I am on called Next Generation Stampers. (It came out pretty cool, if I do say so myself.) but I have yet to upload my works to the list or do anything with them (they are backgrounds for stamping on). So, February's goal is to (1) complete the backgrounds with stamping to have various cards or ATCs and (2) do the other two challenges on the group called Shining Stone and faux chipboard. (Of course, the web hostess has just put up a new challenge today!!! UGH!!!) I will save anymore challenges for after I finish these.

#6 - Scanning pictures - didn't happen! Okay, a doable goal - scan 5 pictures each week. That is 20 pictures to be scanned for the month of February. (I'm getting used to this "concrete - write it down specifically" - goal thing!)

#7 - January - FAILED!!! I went to JoAnns with my friend Sharon and bought up some Christmas scrapbooking bargains! *sigh* Okay, for February - the goal is to use up four of the things I bought in January (one for each week in Feb.) and do not buy ANYTHING because it is discounted! Only make purchases because of a project I am working on...such as I also bought foam shapes for the faux chipboard techniques (see above).
.
That's it for January. Pretty successful. I see how having written out specific goals and times has made it clear that I can get a lot more accomplished. Click here to see how I made this happen. I plan on doing that even more as time permits. Oh Happy Day, for sure!
.

No comments: